Thus, Ayurveda focuses a lot on gut health as it’s key to health, longevity and happiness. An Ayurvedic expert took to Instagram to share why a healthy gut is important because it not just helps digest food but also helps process emotions and supports various bodily functions.
Ayurveda believes poor gut health to be the root cause behind all the diseases. Simple unhealthy habits like overeating, untimely meals including fasting for longer can affect the gut. Here are some common symptoms of a healthy gut.
– You keep feeling bloated and heavy all the time.
– You don’t feel energetic. Despite rest and healthy eating, you feel tired.
– Despite maintaining good oral hygiene, you have a bad breath.
– You are constipated or pass stool more than two times a day.
– You cannot lose or gain weight easily.
– You have skin issues like rashes and acne and no medicines seem to work permanently.
– You have an irregular menstrual cycle.
Things that can affect your gut health
Stress, anxiety, untimely meals, overeating, fasting for long, suppressing natural urges, poor sleep, binge eating, eating processed and junk food, lack of physical activity, less water intake, sedentary lifestyle, now chewing the food properly, excessive smoking, alcohol and non-veg intake are some of the common things that can affect your gut health.
How to improve gut health
To improve your gut health, all you need to do is change your lifestyle – eating habits, sleeping patterns, exercise schedule and stress management. This is all that it takes to keep your gut healthy and happy.